I. Types of Submissions accepted by the NLIU Law Review:
Manuscripts on any topic of contemporary legal relevance meeting the below-mentioned criteria:
- Articles = 5000-10000 words
- Case notes = 2000-5000 words
- Legislative Comments = 1000-3000 words
- Book reviews = 1000-3000 words
The word limit is inclusive of the abstract and exclusive of footnotes.
II. General Submission Guidelines:
- Submissions should be accompanied by a covering letter including the name of the author, email ID, mobile number and the name of the author’s institution.
- Submissions must be in electronic form sent via email.
- Submissions must be made to firstname.lastname@example.org before 23:59 hrs, 20 January 2021.
- The manuscript itself should not contain any information that can be used to identify the author. These details must only be mentioned in the covering letter.
- All submissions must be in (.docx) format. They must be word-processed and compatible with Microsoft Word 2007 and above.
- Manuscripts submitted to the journal must not be written by more than 2 authors.
- Manuscripts must include an abstract of 250-300 words (included in the word limit). The abstract must highlight the structure and essence of the manuscript.
- Manuscripts not in conformity with these guidelines may be rejected at the sole discretion of the editor.
- Submissions should also be accompanied with a Declaration Form which can be downloaded from the link given below.
III. Citation Standards:
- Citations must strictly conform to the standards laid down in OSCOLA 4th edition (The Oxford University Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities).
- Submissions must use only footnotes as a form of citation.
- Speaking/substantive footnotes are discouraged.
For the detailed version of the submission guidelines please refer to: